Conditions & Treatment Programs
Got a question?
Click here to email us.
Seniors - Lung and breathing disorders
While the causes and triggers of lung and breathing disorders vary, patients who suffer from these conditions all experience difficulty breathing when they are having an attack. In older adults, lung and breathing disorders result in weakened breathing muscles and loss of elasticity in the lungs and breathing airways - conditions that restrict air flow to the lung.
Lung and breathing cover a wide range of conditions, including:
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic obstructive lung disease
- Cystic fibrosis
Medical treatment for these conditions usually consists of drug therapy, such as bronchodilator medications, to relieve the symptoms.
The Health in Motion approach
Health In Motion has extensive experience treating older adults suffering from breathing and lungs disorders. Based on a thorough assessment of clinical history, symptoms and lifestyle, our practitioners develop a treatment plan for each patient. Depending on the condition, this treatment plan may include the following therapists:
- Homeopath to enhance the body’s ability to fight disease
- Nutritionist to balance food intake and enhance the immune system’s ability to fight disease, prevent allergic reactions and eliminate triggers of the condition
- Massage therapist to stimulate and normalize lung function.
- Physiotherapist to teach you breathing exercises that stimulate normal function of the lungs
Our lung and breathing disorders program consists of 22 treatment hours a month, with the number of months required varying according to the patient’s needs. During the duration of your program, we offer unlimited consultation by email and phone with any of your team therapists.
For more details about this program please call us at 416 250 1904 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.