Conditions & Treatment Programs
Got a question?
Click here to email us.
Seniors - Neurological disorders
Comprised of the brain, spinal cord, and nerves throughout the body, the neurological system plays a crucial role in our ability to stand, move and communicate. When a disorder affects this important system, it can cause deterioration of movement, speech, coordination, balance, and swallowing. In some cases it can also have an adverse effect on memory and the senses.
In older adults, neurological conditions include but are not limited to:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
The Health in Motion approach
Neurological disorders are complex conditions that require a comprehensive treatment approach. At Health in Motion, we design treatment programs that address all aspects of the condition while taking into account each patient’s unique needs. The ultimate goal of our programs is to teach you or your loved one to become independent in daily functional activities.
Depending on each patient’s condition, our neurological disorders treatment program may involve the following types of therapies:
- Functional rehabilitation to rebuild the ability to perform normal daily functions and eventually become as independent as possible. During the treatment session we teach caregivers and family members how to approach and teach their loved one to become self-sufficient.
- Speech language, communication and life skills to normalize speech and build or enhance the ability to interact with others
- Homeopathy to stimulate the immune system and normalization of the metabolic exchange in the body
- Nutrition counselling to develop a diet which will enhance recovery and stimulate the immune system
- Conductive rehabilitation or group therapy may also be offered where appropriate
Our neurological disorders program consists of between 22 to 30 treatment hours per month, with the number of months required varying according to the patient’s needs. During the duration of your program, we offer unlimited consultation by email and phone with any of your team therapists.
For more details about our neurological disorders program please call us at 416 250 1904 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.