Conditions & Treatment Programs
Got a question?
Click here to email us.
Seniors - Spine, bones, joints and muscle pains and disorders
Disorders that affect the spine, bones, joints or muscles cause pain and limited movement, which in turn lead to limited function in daily activities. Left untreated, these types of disorders in older adults can lead to degeneration of the joints and spine, osteoporosis and, eventually, disability.
This category of disorders includes:
- Back and neck pains
- Total hip and/or knee replacement
- Muscle strain
- Muscle sprain
Medical treatment for these disorders usually consists of drug therapy such as pain killers or anti-inflammatory medications. Unfortunately these drugs treat only the symptoms, not the cause and often cause undesirable side effects. Please carefully review the precautions and side effects before taking any medication.
The Health in Motion approach
At Health In Motion we believe these disorders can be improved or treated completely, regardless of how old you are. Our treatment programs do more than relieve symptoms; they work to treat the cause of the problem and help you return to your normal activities.
In certain cases, the disorder can be resolved by one therapist. But for conditions that have been present for a long time, we recommend a comprehensive approach that may involve two or more of the following specialists:
- Homeopath to reduce pain and inflammation and stimulate the immune system to fight disease
- Nutritionist to balance food intake and eliminate foods which can trigger inflammation
- Herbalist to stimulate normalization processes in the body
- Physiotherapist / Kinesiologist to build a functional exercise program that includes elements of daily function routine.
- Osteopath and/or massage therapist to release tension and harmonize and balance the tissues
Our program for spine, bones, joints and muscle pains and disorders consists of 22 to 25 treatment hours a month, with the number of months required varying according to the patient’s needs. During the duration of your program, we offer unlimited consultation by email and phone with any of your team therapists.
For more details about this program please call us at 416 250 1904 or send an email to email@example.com.